Tuesday, July 1, 2014

The Long View




My first foray from the cabin this year was today when we took a ride up to Sawtelle Peak.  I don't know when I have been there on a clearer day.  We could see the Tetons, Mt. Jefferson and all the way into Montana, heck, maybe even Wyoming!  Jacob and his family were with us, as well as some friends of theirs.


The cabin is somewhere in the distance there along the river.

We met some yogis up there, practicing... yoga...

Mt. Jefferson
The 'long view'.  As I grow a little older I see that some things are just not important in the long view, and others are very important.  Family relationships are among the most important ones I can think of.  Also my faith in Christ. The weight of His sacrifice becomes more and more impressive to me as I grow.   I've often heard that life is short.  I  am realizing that is truly the case.  What we do with our time here should be epic, in terms of how we help each other, build each other, love each other.  The long view is hard to see when we take ourselves too seriously.  Or worry too much about details.  Or spend too much time in the 'thick of thin things', to quote a prophet.







On the way down the mountain we stopped at our picnic spot to pick flowers.  The girls found plenty to decorate our table with.


No comments: