Monday, December 31, 2012

Cabin Christmas Adventure - Day Eight - Time to go home

Today we got up, ate up, cleaned up, and headed out.  There was a lot to do. Everyone helped with the work.  We were done with the bulk of the work by 11.  But getting everyone and our stuff out took a lot of time.  We didn't actually leave the parking lot until almost 2.



I skied out.  There was never a more beautiful day, except maybe the day after the creation.   The sun was shining on the snow.  The wind was calm.  I had to peel off layers part way into my journey.  My camera battery died before I could get a picture of Moose Creek, which was pristine.


On our way home we stopped in Pocatello for dinner at Sizzler.  There Keith's old friend Luke and his wife Bridget met us.










Now I am back home on my computer in the kitchen finishing this up at 2:15 am on Monday morning.  Keith and Jackie and baby Penny have to fly back to Texas later today.  Jake and Aimee should be back in California by now.  Everyone here is in bed, asleep.  I can't express in words how much I love my wonderful family.  Thank you to my wonderful husband, Brian, for making this all possible.  I love you dearly.  You and our children and their families are the best part of my life.  I only hope I am the best mother and wife that you all so greatly deserve.  Here is a poem I wrote some time ago about closing the cabin.


The trash can is left in the middle of the kitchen floor - empty. 
 The windows are closed, shades lowered, curtains drawn.  
The old sheets are hung in windows that face the river, 
covering windows that should never be covered when we are there.  
The beds are made, 
the fridge is off, 
towels are folded, fire is out.  
The mop is drying, vacuum is away, dishes are done.  
Coats are hung, doors are locked.  
In the stillness of the quiet, flies wait to die 
and my cabin waits for my return.


By the way, I cry every time I leave the cabin.  Until next time...

No comments: