Thursday, June 3, 2010

Oh, hurry up, Summer!

Well, here we are at the cabin.  School is out, summer is supposed to be upon us, but alas, the cold rain and occasional snows are still here.  The highs are in the low 50s.  Plenty of dark clouds between thunderstorms and rain.  Lucky me again, I came with a gallon of primer and 2 gallons of paint!  Tonight I finished up the worst of the interior painting.  I have two spots that need attention with the brush, but no more roller and no more scaffolding - hooray!  I know I will be happy once the lovely weather hits and I don't have any painting left to do. 

Brian has been rewiring the breaker box and many of the outlets, lights, etc.  Today he hung a new light in the mudroom and added a baseboard heater in our bedroom, which has been the coldest room up to now.  Sarah repaired a dust ruffle, made dinner, loaded the dishwasher, rode the motorcycle around, did her facebook thing, and played guitar. 

Tomorrow Aimee and the girls will arrive.  A breath of fresh air!  We will be so ready for a break from the work.  They bring such smiles on our faces and in our hearts.  I have all the ingredients for sugar cookies to make with the darling animal cookie cutters they gave me for Mother's Day.  I also have the materials ready from their last visit to make sock puppets to go with the book, If You Give A Moose A Muffin.  We ran out of time then.  The cabin is really starting to take on a charm.  And it is beginning to feel like ours - finally!

No comments: